Although Covid-19 has created many challenges for everyone, we have many ways to help our client
families and make their journey as satisfactory as possible. While we are following all of the guidelines
of Alberta Health Services (AHS), we are still offering important services that are helping families say
goodbye to their loved ones.
Things that we CAN do:
• We continue to be available 24/7 to answer the needs of our client families when a death
• We still meet with families with our trusted licensed Funeral Directors and offer the same care
and attention as always. We can do this in person, by telephone or virtually.
• We continue to offer opportunities to say goodbye to the deceased by offering private family
viewings or public viewings. We stagger visitation hours and can also accommodate private
family viewing virtually.
• We continue to offer public gatherings for family and friends. Often we are restricted to the
number of persons we can host at the service, but our electronic capabilities allow us to easily
broadcast these services live to an unlimited number of participants. Our technology allows us
to have family and friends who cannot travel participant in a variety of ways. We can also
include prerecorded music or tributes.
• We can also delay services when this meets the needs of our clients best.
• We have implemented a program called “Hugs from Home” that will allow those confined to
homes to participate in a service they cannot attend.
• We are creative and flexible and work with the needs of your family while abiding by the law.
Like all businesses, we have implemented important changes:
• We are practicing physical distancing
• We are wearing masks and have masks to distribute
• We have enhanced our cleaning and disinfecting protocols in all our facilities
• Employees or clients who are sick or considered at risk are staying home
• We exercise absolute best practices in caring for the deceased – as we always have, taking great
care to maintain dignity of the deceased and ensure proper handling according to current laws